How to install a blogger template
Blogger platform is very easy to use and understand. Moreover, it is absolutely free. Hence today we will let you know how to install a blogger template or how to install a blogger theme. We’ve crafted some simple steps for you to understand and install your blogger theme on your new blog or existing one.
For installing the blogger template there are two methods:
- Uploading XML Method
- Copy Pasting Template Code Method
How to Install a Blogger Template:
1. Uploading XML Method
- Download Blogger Template: First of all download the blogger template that you want to put on your blog. It will get downloaded in .zip file. You can choose from our Top Best Free Blogger Templates 2018.
- Extract the zip file: Zip file will contain .xml file which is the file that will get uploaded on Blogger, hence we will have to extract the contents of the zip file to obtain .xml file which is the template file.
- Login to Blogger: After you’ve the .xml file with you, now its time to login to your Blogger Dashboard. Goto www.Blogger.com and login with your google account. Just skip this step if you’re already logged in. Select the Blog you want to use or want to install this template to.
- Access Theme Section: Choose theme on the left hand side of the menu.
- Click on Backup/Restore: Before going next step, Please backup your previous template because, if you have any problem after uploading the new template, the backup file will help you for restore.
- Upload the XML File: Click on Choose File to upload the file.
- Select the xml file to upload it to blogger: If the extracted folder has many files, don’t worry you just need to select the XML file to upload it to blogger. The xml file will be named after the template file only.
- Click Upload: After selecting the file, just click upload button as shown in the picture below.
- Upload Successful: Now the upload is successful.
2. Copy Pasting Template Code Method
We were unable to save your theme.
Your theme could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure all XML elements are closed properly. XML error message: Content is not allowed in prolog.
If you see the above error when uploading your template, then try this copy, paste method.
— Continue above steps still step 4.
- Open .xml file with text editor.
- Copy the whole code:
- Open HTML Editor on blogger:
- Paste coding on blogger HTML Editor:
- Template is Installed
For any queries contact us here.